Saturday, September 3, 2011

LABOR Day Weekend.

Some people have fun and "relax"on Labor Day Weekend...... we are not those people!  Well, we did go to Tony & Jen's last night for dinner (yum, thanks) and then Knute went out the ranch (dove opener was Thursday... he was there then too...) and got his limit today, but then we started to move rocks (he's done and wants to hire help! I may keep trying this weekend) for our garden.  We also moved the old metal shelf out (finally!  1 hour later it was taken from the sidewalk in front of the house!!)  and skis, etc... and then we quit that... but it already looks better!  I think I will paint at least the back fence.  Make it a FUN garden next summer!  THEN, we took down the tops of 8 trees next to the patio!  Yippee!! No more purple berries (Knute calls them "choke cherries", but I think he made that up! They are tiny and there are millions of them!)  It will take a lot of work to get rid of all the branches... I started burning then and seriously nearly smoked out the neighborhood.  I laughed SOOOOO hard when I saw all the smoke in the street in front of our house.  Knute didn't laugh... but I think he was laughing on the inside!  Funny, I'm usually the more uptight one!  :-) 

Happy LABOR Day weekend!




Removing branches to chop up!

RooBar's "Crack" wings... Yep, we're starting her young!  :-)


Decided to go shorter and make at least two tables.... maybe three.



Monday!  We are (almost!) finished!  I found some old wood stain in the art studio and decided that it would look nice on the fence behind where the garden will be (once we move those horrible rocks!)
We painted it during Hana's first nap!  :-)

Before.





 After.  (Looks better in person!)


THEN, we decided what to do with the tree (stumps)!  Make tall (cocktail) tables!  We initially were going to do just the two, but ended up chopping the last 3 trees shorter and made three table tops!  They are painted an installed, but we still need to polyurethane them.  Maybe after Hana goes to bed!  Here are some pics!  We should have done this before the party instead of after!!   One of these weekends we might rest!



Hana is supervising!

Level tables!


We like our fun shapes!









No comments:

Post a Comment