(Knute took the "racecar" to the airport, so his truck could stay in the driveway while he was away.)
No worries, though, we have LOTS to keep up busy this weekend! I started Friday night after work by cutting off the rest of the branches on the tree I'm removing to make room for Hana's eventual play set.
Then Saturday, when I realized it was going to take a really long time for our friend Greg to get his crew over to pull the tree out, I decided to do it myself.
"Helping" move the canon balls off "Canon Ball Hill".
Yeah, it was a LOT more difficult than I thought it would be....
But, since Lisa and Rick were coming in from Durango, I decided to quit for the day anyway.
Hana and I took Rick & Leese to Roo Bar for dinner., then we came home and hung out for a bit.
I'll try to remember to post some better pictures later.
Sunday, I was thrilled to see that the garden is really starting to grow!
My first ever garden!!
Later in the afternoon, Adam (and Celeste) came over with a chain saw
and Adam and I got the rest of that tree out in no time at all!
Then, he was nice enough to cut it into stove-burning size pieces!!
I think maybe we'll bring all this wood out to the ranch.
We are not allowed to burn wood anywhere in the State of Colorado now anyway -
It's SO dry and there are fires, so there will be plenty of time for it to dry.
Now... now the next step.
I'm dreaming of the day when this is all leveled out and a new retaining wall is built for Miss Hana.
I also found a few minutes to play with my new computer (note the cool effects on this picture!)
This morning Hana and I bought some presents for Knute for Father's Day and attempted to go to the zoo.
Hana fell asleep on the way to the point of snoring and with the heat near 100 and the lines at the zoo super long, I decided to let her sleep and go home. She slept soundly the whole way so I was thinking "great, I'll just slip her into bed when we get home to finish her nap, since she's SO out!" Ha! Needless to say, she woke right up when we got home and was instantly screaming about the zoo! I told her we'd go back after her nap.... but she fought it and fell asleep nearly 3 hours later. By the time she woke up, the zoo was closing in 15 minutes, so there was just no time. Hope she forgives me! :-) She's just cranky because we miss Knute (daddy)! :-( He had a nice Father's Day in Canada though, fishing (in the rain) with his dad!
Father's Day meal w/daddy... but eating leftovers that he made!
Playing in the heat!
There was one other surprise for Knute too! I had his bathroom painted white and the walls all cleaned up. It's a simple change, but looks a LOT better!
He also installed a new showerhead when he returned home. (not pictured!)












No comments:
Post a Comment