As every fall, the Bronco's started playing and Knute started hunting. He went to SD and MN (got a doe), but while he was gone, I painted - a lot! The dining room wall is no longer brick and I mailed it a blue-gray. I love it and I think everyone else does as well. I also painted above the kitchen cabinets and had the rest painted by pros! Tony and his crew also painted the exterior, which really needed it!!
After we were done painting on the 19th, we went to the pumpkin patch to get the "perfect" pumpkin! Hana found and excellent one to carve and then a smaller one, which she painted a darling (but scary, of course!) face on. She's quite the artist!!
When Knute came back from SD, he brought "grandma cookies" for Hana and I to decorate. That is always fun (and so nice of her to do!!) and Hana really enjoys it! I know she'll be even more excited to do it with her next month in person, while we visit over Thanksgiving.
The BIG news this month was that Hana had her first EVER haircut!!! On the 26th, her bff's mom, Ms. Sasha came over and trimmed it!! Hana loves it and it looks a bit healthier! She took nearly 3 inches off, but it's still long. :-)
Oh my gosh, I nearly forgot the other BIG news.... which actually happened on September 30th.... I took Hana to her very first concert. After visiting our beloved friend, Miss Kari from BECC (who later succumbed to cancer) :-( I decided that life is really too short and nothing is promised... Hana loves Katy Perry so much and I was able to find tickets (5 minutes after the concert started!) for about half price! We took the lightrail train down to Pepsi Center and got there just before she went on stage (only missing the opening act(s). Perfect timing, great first show there, as there were tons of kids and it wasn't too loud. Hana had a great time! :-) We're so blessed!
When Knute was in MN, Hana and I went to a fun pumpkin carving party. Hana choose a scary ghost stencil. We cleaned out the pumpkin and I tried my best to carve it well. We took it home and waited until just the night before last to put it out.... well, even that was too soon. When I got home form work yesterday, the naughty, naughty squirrel's had already eaten the entire ghost. Hana was quite upset, to say the least. :-(
Our friend Laurie (who will be joining us in the Cayman's next year) came for an overnight visit the other day on the way to see her sister and family in Divide. We also had a great meal at Bruno's with Eric, Angie & Ingrid last night. Tonight is Halloween and of course, Hana will be Elsa!!






No comments:
Post a Comment