It was nice to finally have my mom here for a family holiday, although it might have been too much family! She had a nice time at first, but then got a bit overwhelmed with so much activity.
Hana had fun with her cousins and they even did a practice Easter Egg Hunt (since we go together on Saturday).
We had a nice Easter day that started with a huge Easter Egg hunt for Hana and ended with her biggest basket ever from the Easter Bunny! She was excited to get so many interesting things and even got a beach towel with her name on it! The Easter Bunny ate all the carrots we left out too!
We went to go see my mom again, but she decided she didn't want to go to church after all (a first, I think!) and just wanted to rest at her place instead. We just had a mellow afternoon brunch and saw some other friends.
We had a fun gathering for my first crawfish boil (yuck!) at Zokas with 14 of us mid month. I also started the process of having a new floor put in our kitchen. Not really happy with HomeDepot at the moment... hoping that I actually get a new floor this year. Unfortunately, the flooring I fell in love with is only sold at HD, so I'm kind of stuck. We shall see.
Last weekend, we brought some planters of flowers to mom's place and a Roma tomato plant as well. Hana was an amazing helper, pulling weeds (she wanted to - I didn't even ask her to do it!) and sweeping. Then, she went inside and brushed grandma's hair... after pelting her with a balloon in an active game of balloon volleyball. She is such a sweet little girl (most of the time!) and I am really proud of her!
She has a play date tomorrow with her friend Kaya, who will be joining her at Greenwood next fall for Kindergarten. Should be a fun day.








No comments:
Post a Comment