October was busy with Knute gone hunting (and Gayle flying in to help with Hana and see my mom again) and Hana had a fun Halloween (Princess Leia this year!)
She was also busy trying new things like Poms with the Cherry Creek High School girls - she loved it and wants to do it again. But her biggest excitement was advancing to Intermediate Gymnastics! She switched to Tuesday and couldn't be happier about that! I'm excited for her too. She is so happy flying all around!
The condo project moved along and is (ALMOST!) done as I type this... just some little things to finish. I love the kitchen though!! It's nicer than mine at home. I hope it starts to rent out soon because we went a tad over budget!!
November brought a sad change. My mom passed away last Friday, November 18th. She quit eating and drinking on Monday and just seemed to want to go. It's always hard to lose someone - even after this "long goodbye" of dementia/Alzheimer's - not made easier by the fact that Knute is out of town and I'm overly tired. But we'll get through this like everything else. I loved her, tried my best to make sure she was always well taken care of and tried to show her that while she was still here. I hope she knows that I really did try and even though she never wanted to be in a nursing home, I hope she understands that that was the best option for her to get the best care. I'd like to think she understood that.
Anyway, off to the Midwest tomorrow to have Thanksgiving with Glenn & Jane in Decorah. That will be nice.


No comments:
Post a Comment