Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hot~!

Ok, it probably wasn't the smartest day to do this (first 100+ degree day since the summer of 2008!) but we planted 10 new plants (all in the rocks!) and some flowers too!  I started trimming the big - huge - blue spruce on the north side of the property .... until I ran into a big hornet or wasp(?) nest.  They were NOT happy and I ran away.  BRAVE Knute retrieved my trash can, tree clippers and branches from the ground.  Guess we'll have to wait until fall to finish that job!  I just can't believe I never noticed them, since many of the new plants I've planted over the past  few weeks are right by that!  Scary! 

Hana "supervised" most of our digging, but then got tired and had (is still having) her nap.  We both actually had 2 hands to eat our lunches today!  Fun!  Maybe the pool later!?!  We shall see!



Later: The pool heater was off, so we'll go in later instead!  Too bad, because we were all ready to go in!




1 comment:

  1. I like Hana's swim suit! She models it so confidently!

    ReplyDelete