Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hana Turns Two Today!!!!

I cannot believe our little baby has been here for a full two years today!  The time has just flown by, but Hana (in my humble opinion) is a remarkable child.  She has brought so much joy to our lives and a few temper tantrums as well!

The day started out early, as Hana woke up about an hour and a half earlier than normal.  This might be because of all the changes that have happened in the past week.  She learned how to climb out of her Pack N Play.  We went to the store to get her a deeper crib, but threw herself out of that one too (head first) so we decided to go with an expandable toddler bed from IKEA (that Knute picked out!!)  It's so cute.... although she hasn't actually slept in it yet.  She gets really excited and then fights going to sleep (plays) and I end up putting her back in her old crib once she's exhausted.  She also decided on Monday or Tuesday that she no longer wants to take a nap... at all.  We have had a long (grumpy) week!

The other thing that is excited for Hana are that her Grandpa and Grandma are staying with us this week.  She has had fun playing with them and showing them her drawing and block stacking skills!  Last night we went to dinner at the Fresh Fish Company and she got to see lots of "fishies" in all the aquariums.  Good call for a place to go w/a napless child!  No meltdowns until the very end!  :-)



Tonight, we're having a big dinner with 20 people!  Let's hope we can find enough chairs to seat everyone!!  Might have to call the neighbors to borrow some!  Jane is making lasagna and hopefully I'll learn how to do it too!  I made a cake last night and will frost it when I get home this afternoon.  Sadly, I could not get the whole day off, but I am leaving early!!  Happy about that!

Birthday breakfast!

A couple of present from Mommy & Daddy!  Yo Gabba Gabba!

National Western Stock Show Parade!

Good view of the horses coming up!

Grandpa came too!

Opening birthday presents with cousin Britta's help!

Fun!

More cousins! (And their grandma Lois, all the way from Alma, WI!)





Singing Happy Birthday!


And another cake for cousin Sonja!


Hat from (and made by) Grandma!


No comments:

Post a Comment