Monday, June 23, 2014

The Longest Day Weekend

Very recently I learned of a newer event to raise money for Alzheimer's research called "The Longest Day".  You get a team together and do whatever you want to do on the longest day of the year... which was Saturday June, 21st, this year. 

So Knute, Ann, Britta and I signed up and filled all the hours with lots of things.  They did a race, I pulled some weeds, Knute went to Cabella's (really - do ANYTHING you want!) and Hana had a tea party.  We ended the evening together at our house for dinner, reflection and s'mores (and pie!) for dessert.  It was a nice day and we raised some money.  Next year, I hope to double the team size and amount of money raised.  Maybe Hana will have a lemonade stand or something?  We shall see!





Also, Hana was so tight in her carseat (which was "supposed" to last until she was 70 lbs!?!) that we went shopping for a new booster seat.  We went with seats that have backs (30-100 lbs, so they say) so we think that will be safe, but she gets to use "big people" seat belts, which she is very excited about!  She 2 lbs away from being able to use the backless kind, but I think we'll try to keep the back in for at least another year, because it helps position the seat belt properly.  Either way, she is thrilled and we're hoping she will kick and complain less!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment